Table skirts are one of the keys to a great looking event. Even without any other decorations, table skirting can change a room full of bland, mismatched tables and chairs into a beautiful reception hall or an attractive showroom.
Here are 5 table skirting ideas to make your next even look fantastic!
Table skirts aren’t all the same and there are artful ways of folding and pleating the skirt for custom designs.
1. Use a gathered top design. With the gathered top skirt, the fabric is drawn together at the top by threads sewn into the fabric. A tighter gather means there will be a fuller, more “poufed” bottom.
2. Use a knife or accordion pleat. This design has narrow folds, all pointing the same direction which fit around the top edge of the table. The bottom of the skirt can be full, like a gathered top, or may be pressed so pleats extend to the floor.
3. Use a box pleat. The box pleat has a series of pleats which fold back-to-back. The bottom is not as full as gathers or knife pleats. So, this gives the box pleat a neat, tailored appearance which is a good look for business meetings and trade shows. A French box pleat has narrower pleats, which creates a fuller effect at the bottom. Similar to knife pleats, the pleat may be pressed so that it extends to the floor.
In addition to gathers and pleats, there are there additions which can be used with the skirts to draw attention to specific areas of the table, create a color scheme, or add contrast for a more striking appearance. They should be available at any office furniture outlet and can really add something special to your next event.
4. Use valances and scalloped drapes which can go over the skirt. Valances and scalloped drapes can be used to add color to the table design. This may be to create an overall color scheme or allow for companies to have better branding in a showroom / expo hall.
5. You might also want to use overlays. These are square pieces of fabric layered on top of the table and over the skirt. Overlays can to add interest to the table design or draw focus to a specific area on the table.
6. Use table toppers. Table toppers are similar to overlays, but cover the entire table top and hang over the table edge a few inches on all sides. They are generally used more for color scheme or branding.
Using table skirts and accessories at your next event can help to make your event look more prestigious or professional. Use the tips above to help make your next event the best it can be.