In my San Antonio Massage and Bodywork practice I frequently receive calls from prospective clients who are unclear about the differences between incall massage sessions and outcall massage sessions. Some people, never having had a massage, have absolutely no idea what the terms incall and outcall mean. Many are surprised that there is a difference in price.
I’ll explain the differences between incall and outcall massage sessions:
Incall Massage is a massage that occurs in the Massage Therapist’s office, salon, or clinic. The advantages of incall massage for the client are:
1. During the incall massage session the Massage Therapist can precisely control the temperature, lighting, and music used during the session to enhance your relaxation;
2. During the incall massage session there are no ringing telephones, no noisy televisions, no blaring stereos;
3. During the incall massage session nobody interrupts your massage…not your children, spouse, or employer;
4. All massage and bodywork techniques that the Massage Therapist uses, including Hot Stone Massage, are available during an incall session;
5. The incall massage session is less expensive than an outcall massage session.
Outcall Massage is a massage that takes place in your home, office, or hotel room. Outcall Massage is also known as a Housecall Massage, Onsite Massage, or Mobile Massage. The advantages of outcall massage for the client are:
1. During an outcall massage you are in your own familiar surroundings;
2. During an outcall massage you can be close to people or situations that may need to be monitored while still getting a great massage;
3. While visiting a new city an outcall massage session ensures you won’t get lost looking for the Massage Therapist’s location;
4. During an outcall massage you can receive almost all of the same types of massage and bodywork that are available during an incall massages session;
5. After your outcall massage you don’t have to leave. There is no need to travel, you can just stay put and let the relaxation sink in.
Generally there is a difference in pricing between incall massage and outcall massage. Incall massage sessions allow the Massage Therapist to use their time more efficiently so it’s less expensive for the client. Outcall massage sessions require the Massage Therapist to devote a great deal of travel time and setup time to the session. The additional travel and setup time is often enough to have seen an additional incall massage client…so outcall massage may be up to twice the price of an incall massage.
Whether you choose incall massage or outcall massage you’ll get a great massage. If you’re in San Antonio my Massage and Bodywork practice called Massage By Ben offers both incall and outcall massage sessions.