After a series of wedding rituals, your journey as a married couple starts and your ‘First Night’ is the starting point towards this journey. Grooms generally where have lots of fantasies and passion for this night; the brides at the other side go through the emotions of anxiety, hesitation and sometimes fear. The groom should keep patience and should take the approach to make his bride feel comfortable and confident. There is a very true & famous saying ‘Sex is not between your legs, it is between your ears’, hence it can not be enjoyed till both partners feel it from mind and heart. Start your night by initial interactions, express your feelings about your partner and thank him/her for becoming a part of your life. Such interaction would generate a romantic environment and would help the bride in opening up and generate a sense of trust, confidence and security in her. First night should not be considered for a mandatory sexual interaction and should not be approached with any fantasies in mind, but you should use the opportunity to make your partner feel comfortable with you for physical intimacy. And yes, if you could do that your first night would sow the seeds for your healthy and happy sexual relationship.
Below are few tips which you can follow to make your first night exciting and to create the everlasting and cherishable memories.
Room Selection and Preparation
- Make sure that the room is not congested, a congested room gives a feeling of suffocation.
- Make sure that the room is properly neat and clean and free from any foul smells.
- If you have budget, get the wall covered with some serene wall papers, as a feel of serene environment would add fun and frolic to your night.
- For bed sheets/covers, select some from the ‘First Night’ collection. Few companies have launched this collection you can get some good ones like ‘Printed Hearts’ etc.
- Scatter some rose petals on bed. This is the simple, decent and cost effective way of decoration. However, if you have budget you can get special decorations done, ask your flower decorator for the same.
- Spray some ‘Room Freshener’ to make the room smell good. ‘Room Freshener’ comes in many fragrances, you can select as per your likeness.
- Prepare Yourself
- Both partners must take a bath before entering the room. Idea is that you should have a clean body.
- Check your breath; you must not have a bad breath. Wash your mouth and use some ‘mouth freshener’ or mint to avoid any bad breath.
- If there is no toilet attached to the room then both partners should finish their nature calls before entering the room. It would be embarrassing to come out of the room in between.
- Keep some light snacks like chocolates, sweets etc and juice/water in room. You may feel hungry and thirsty in night.
- On Romance & Romantic Environment
- Put on some lighter music and ask your partner for a dance. It does not mean whether you are a dancer or not, shaking a leg with your partner is the most romantic thing.
- If you can sing then that could be a good medium to express your love to your partner. Pick up a song whose lyrics reflects your feeling and sing that for your loved one.
- If you can play any musical instrument then play some of the favorite songs of your partner. Your partner would get impressed and touched on this.
- If you are thinking that what about you, as you do not know either singing or instrument playing then you need not worry, you can still hit a six. Write a few lines about your partner or probably a love letter expressing what all thrills you about your partner, and gifts this to him/her. This would be the best ever gift on your first night to your partner and would be a keepsake/memento to cherish ever after.