If you’re looking to give your home’s interior a fresh coat of paint, but you’re not sure what direction to go in, consider a neutral palette. If you’re unfamiliar, neutral tones include ivories, beiges, grays, and white – but for the home, ivories and beiges will create that warm, welcoming feeling that so many homeowners are interested in creating. By taking these advantages into consideration when choosing your paint color – you’ll be able to see what neutral walls can do for your home:
1. One great thing about neutrals is that they give you more freedom when it comes to choosing and changing the overall look of your room. For example, if you’ve chosen to go with ivory walls, you can create a bold feel in the room by adding black furniture and throwing in red accent pieces on end tables and light fixtures. In a few years, you may feel as though the look is outdated or you’d like to simply tone it down. You can replace the black furniture with lighter brown pieces and tone down the red by replacing them with gold accents instead. Without having to repaint your room, you’ve completely changed the look from bold and modern to warm and welcoming. Neutral walls create a blank canvas that work with virtually any look.
2. Many neutral beige colors help to create a warm, welcoming feeling in the home without appearing too dark or overwhelming. When working with color on the walls, it’s important to take into consideration the size of the room – but colors like beige and light brown will work in both small and large rooms alike. By using warm neutrals like these in rooms like the dining room, family room, or living room, you will help you to create an inviting environment for friends and family.
3. If you’re interested in choosing a few different colors for your room, neutrals always work well together. For example, painting 3 out of 4 walls ivory and painting one a dark beige shade will help you to create an accent wall without having to spend hours comparing other shades trying to find ones that both match one another, as well as your furniture. By going with neutrals, you’ll have a complimentary palette right off the bat.
4. If you’ve just moved into a new home and you’re nervous about adding too much color, start out with neutral tones and test the waters that way. You can add color to a room through accent pieces, and neutral colors are often very easy to paint over if you decide to take the plunge into bright, bold color. Neutrals are very safe, and they’re perfect if you’re unsure about what direction you’d like to take your room in, in terms of décor.
5. Finally, if you know you’re going to be selling your home down the line – choosing neutral walls will help you from having to paint over loud, bright colors when it comes time to show the house. It’s said that houses with neutral walls tend to sell faster – so before your realtor asks you to repaint your bright red dining room, consider going neutral instead. If you know that selling is in your future – save yourself the headache and choose a lighter, neutral palette for your interior.
So in conclusion, neutral walls can make a world of difference in the home. By giving you the opportunity to change the look of your room with ease, you can ensure that your home is always up to date. Painting a room can certainly be a long process, so cut down your workload in the future and choose neutrals for your home next time you paint.